Thursday, March 6, 2008

Random foodie-ness.

Tonight for dinner, there was the last of the seitan (from Vegan with a Vengeance) I made last weekend, breaded and pan fried, mashed potatoes with scallions, seasoned steamed carrots, peas and onions, and a really awesome salad with organic sun-dried tomato vinaigrette. (I actually have pictures of this, but I need to figure out how to work this whole blog thing.)

For lunch, I had this crazy spinach and onion stuffed bread thing from Montreal that I found at the local happy food market last night. It was pretty awesome, though it had too much lemon juice for my liking in the filling.

Oh, and since I told Abbie that I'd mention them, last week, I made these really cool cupcakes. They were mocha cupcakes (the chocolate cupcake recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World with some instant coffee added) that I had filled with cherry filling. I sprinkled sugar on top, since buttercream seemed a bit extreme for such a strange cupcake anyway. They were a hit, and all devoured. I might have to do a little more cupcake experimenting.

No comments: