Sunday, March 16, 2008

Soupe au pistou

Joel's parents are coming over for dinner tonight. I'm making this soup recipe, and have put together a sun dried tomato and roasted garlic "pistou." I've also made a dish of hummus for us to nibble at while we wait for the soup to finish simmering.

I've baked a double batch of the green tea cupcakes. They look delicious. I haven't glazed them yet, or made the marzipan flowers yet (I was contemplating making marzipan shamrocks instead, but I'll probably stick with the pink flowers). I'll be bringing them to work.

I baked a banana cake yesterday with some very ripe bananas (as a note, this is why I don't keep fruit in the house, I forget it until it goes almost bad, and then I have to figure out what to do with it). Banana cake is my favorite dessert ever. It's light and flavorful, and covered with an absolutely amazing cream cheese frosting that I would eat by the bucketful if it were acceptable. I like it best when it's chilled, and you can freeze it.

No comments: